YKK® AQUAGUARD® ZIPS
YKK® zips throughout and weather-sealed with water-repellent YKK® AquaGuard® zips in exposed locations
Generous oversize hood (with peak) can accommodate a helmet with ease
GELANOTS® 3L 20K WATERPROOF FABRIC
Manufactured in Japan by Toyota Tsusho Corporation, this exceptional fabric gives class-leading waterproofing, breathability, durability and ease of movement in all conditions
CLIMASHIELD® APEX + HL INSULATION
Manufactured in Poland from 100% recycled polyester (under licence from Climashield® in the USA), a unique combination of Apex and High Loft insulation gives industry-leading warmth on even the coldest days, while keeping bulk and weight to an absolute minimum
UNDER ARM VENTS
Full under arm zipped vents
Kodiak Crossover Jacket
Japanese engineered Gelanots® 3L 20K waterproof fabric, Climashield® Apex & HL insulation and a longer & looser freeski fit, make our men’s Kodiak Crossover Jacket highly weather resistant, warm and durable. As worn by Tanner Hall.
Select colour: Army Green
Select size: Medium
Please note: We expect pre-order products to ship in late October.
- Free Worldwide Shipping
- 2 Year Warranty
- Ethically Produced in Europe
- 100% Carbon Neutral
Features & Specifications
- Lightweight, warm, breathable & durable construction - 1040g (2lb 5oz) (size L)
- Gelanots® 3L 20K waterproof outer shell (Durable Waterproof Repellent (DWR C6) and non-perfluorooctanoic acid (non-PFOA) fabric) - 20,000mm waterproofing + 20,000g/m2/24h breathability
- Climashield® Apex + HL insulation (100% recycled polyester) - 102g/m2 + 100g/m2
- Nylon lining (100% recycled & non-polyfluorinated chemical (non-PFC) nylon)
- YKK® zips, including water-repellent YKK® AquaGuard® zips to protect weather-exposed locations
- Fully taped seams (optimum weather-sealing throughout)
- Helmet-sized hood with peak (non-removable)
- Super soft fleece lined collar
- Full under-arm vents (zipped)
- Anti-rip (internally sewn) Velcro® adjustable wrist cuffs
- Wrist gaiters with thumb holes (robustly sewn double thickness fabric for durability)
- 4x external body pockets
- 1x lift pass pocket on left sleeve
- 1x internal pocket + 2x internal mesh slip pocket (non-zip, open)
- Headphones wire socket to internal pocket
- 2 year limited warranty (from the date of purchase)
- Made in the Czech Republic
Please note that the ‘Height’ measurements are recommended body equivalent sizes, whereas the ‘Chest’ and ‘Arm’ measurements are actual jacket dimensions.
Our Kodiak Crossover Jacket has a LONGER & LOOSER freeski fit:
S: Chest 121cm - Arm 67.6cm - Height 168-174cm
M: Chest 125cm - Arm 70cm - Height 173-179cm
L: Chest 128.1cm - Arm 72.5cm - Height 178-184cm
XL: Chest 131.7cm - Arm 74.9cm - Height 183-189cm
XXL: Chest 135.3cm - Arm 77.4cm - Height 188-194cm+
Kristian is 183cm (6ft) tall and wearing a size L
Washing & Care
Washing & preservation of waterproofing
This product may be dry cleaned or washed on a 30C short-spin cycle.
To preserve its waterproofing, we would highly recommend that you wash this product using a combination of Nikwax® Tech Wash and Nikwax® TX Direct Wash-In (or similar waterproofing agents), which are available from many outdoor apparel retailers and online.
Dry this product on a clothes rack or clothes hanger.
What not to do
Do not iron or tumble dry this product because it will damage the insulation.
Origin of component materials
- Japan - Polyamide & polyester (Gelanots® 3L 20K waterproof outer shell (DWR C6))
- Poland - 100% recycled polyester (Climashield® Apex + HL insulation)
- China - 100% recycled nylon (inner lining), YKK® zips, Velcro®, zip pullers, fold-over elastic & elastic cord with MGG logo
- Italy - Pocket bag fabric, neck fleece fabric & hood lining fabric
- Hong Kong - MGG logo, care info transfer, hanging loop & headphones wire eyelet
- Austria - MGG hood logo transfer & OPOC logo transfer
- Taiwan - Zip stopper & cannon clip
- Latvia - Eyelets
- Spain - Additional elastic fabric
- Czech Republic - Additional non-woven fabric
Turkey - Woven MGG label
Location of manufacturer
Percentage price breakdown for our Kodiak Crossover Jacket:
- Materials - 27%
- Design & Marketing - 19%
- Manufacturing - 10%
- Logistics - 5%
- Rent & Operations - 12%
- Taxes - 20%
- Admin & Profit - 11%
We’ve worked with Product DNA to determine that the total carbon footprint of a single Kodiak Crossover Jacket (incl. standard delivery) is 28.69kg of CO2, which in monetary terms is €0.29.
We’ve also partnered with Forestmatic to actively plant a new tree in the tropics with every single online and offline order, so as to ensure that all Mont Gele Gear® business operations, and every purchase that you make, are always 100% carbon neutral.
At the end of every year we’ll display the monetary total of our carbon offset contribution for the previous 12 months, so please keep an eye out for this.
Our carbon offset calculations are based on the assumption that every tree that we plant will live for 5 years and absorb 63.3kg of CO2 during that period. In reality, we of course expect our trees to live much longer than this. Therefore, in the long term, our business operations and every purchase that you make won’t just be carbon neutral - they’ll become carbon positive!
CLASS-LEADING WATERPROOFING & BREATHABILITY
Gelanots® 3L - 20,000mm + 20,000g/m2/24h
Climashield® Apex + HL - 102g/m2 + 100g/m2
100% RECYCLED INSULATION & LINING
Made from 43% recycled materials (by weight)
YKK® AQUAGUARD® ZIPS
Original & best
FULLY TAPED SEAMS
QUALITY, NOT QUANTITY
Each Mont Gele Gear® product has been created with the very highest attention to detail and an absolute focus on quality. No corners are cut in our premium gear and accessories, and we manufacture in far smaller quantities than our competitors, which ensures that we’re able to minimise waste.
Unmatched in the outdoor apparel industry, our unique transparent pricing promise across our entire product range also ensures that you will always pay a fair price.
PREMIUM MATERIALS & COMPONENTS
All our products are crafted from the finest materials and components currently available and produced to the highest ethical standards. The latest DWR C6 and non-PFOA fabrics form the basis of our outerwear, and both the insulation and lining in all our men's and women's jackets are from 100% recycled sources.
Our Merino Wool is also mulesing-free certified, and the dyes used in our Merino Wool and cotton products are all Oeko-Tex® Standard 100 certified.
100% MADE IN EUROPE
For the 2021/22 season, we’ve again worked closely with exclusively European manufacturers based in the Czech Republic, Portugal, Slovakia and Turkey to produce our entire product range.
We promise that we will always keep our manufacturing within Europe, because this allows us to ensure the premium quality of our products, to work in close cooperation with our suppliers, to guarantee that our suppliers’ employees enjoy fair working conditions, and to monitor our suppliers’ environmental impact.
We’re constantly exploring new ways to minimise the impact of our business operations on the environment.
In addition to our continued sustainability efforts, we’re working with Forestmatic to plant a new tree in the tropics in Uganda with every single online and offline order, so as to fully offset the carbon footprint of every product that we sell. This exciting partnership ensures that every purchase that you make will always be 100% carbon neutral.