YKK® AQUAGUARD® ZIPS
YKK® zips throughout and weather-sealed with water-repellent YKK® AquaGuard® zips in exposed locations
WARM REMOVABLE HOOD
Securely zip-fastened removable hood
PERTEX® QUANTUM PRO ULTRA THIN HIGHLY WATER RESISTANT FABRIC
Manufactured in Japan by Mitsui & Co., this ultra thin fabric gives class-leading water resistance, breathability, lightness and ease of movement in all conditions
CLIMASHIELD® APEX + HL INSULATION
Manufactured in Poland from 100% recycled polyester (under licence from Climashield® in the USA), a unique combination of Apex and High Loft insulation gives industry-leading warmth on even the coldest days, while keeping bulk and weight to an absolute minimum
FLEECE LINED COLLAR
Extra warmth and softness around the neck
Kenai Crossover Jacket 2.0
Japanese engineered Pertex® Quantum Pro 3K water resistant fabric combined with Climashield® Apex & HL insulation and superlative female driven design, make our women’s Kenai Crossover Jacket 2.0 extremely lightweight, warm and weather resistant.
Select colour: Teal Green / Fire Red
Select size: Small
- Made in Europe
- Free Global Shipping (CHF 100+)
- 2 Year Warranty
- 1 Tree Planted in Uganda
Features & Specifications
- Super lightweight, warm & extra soft construction - 560g (1lb 4oz) (size S)
- Pertex® Quantum Pro 3K water resistant outer shell (Durable Waterproof Repellent (DWR C6) and non-perfluorooctanoic acid (non-PFOA) fabric) - high 3,000mm water resistance
- Climashield® Apex + HL insulation (100% recycled polyester) - 200g/m2 + 136g/m2 + 102g/m2 + 100g/m2
- Nylon lining (100% recycled & non-polyfluorinated chemical (non-PFC) nylon)
- YKK® zips, including water-repellent YKK® AquaGuard® zips to protect weather-exposed locations
- Fully taped seams (optimum weather-sealing throughout)
- Warm removable (securely zip-fastened) hood
- Super soft fleece lined collar
- Wrist gaiters with thumb holes (robustly sewn double thickness fabric for durability)
- 3x external body pockets
- 1x lift pass pocket on left sleeve
- 1x internal pocket + 2x internal mesh slip pocket (non-zip, open)
- Headphones wire socket to internal pocket
- 2 year limited warranty (from the date of purchase)
- Made in Slovakia
Please note that the ‘Height’ measurements are recommended body equivalent sizes, whereas the ‘Chest’ and ‘Arm’ measurements are actual jacket dimensions.
Our Kenai Crossover Jacket 2.0 is REGULAR fit:
XS: Chest 107.2cm - Arm 67.4cm - Height 155-161cm
S: Chest 110.2cm - Arm 68.3cm - Height 160-166cm
M: Chest 114.2cm - Arm 70.4cm - Height 165-171cm
L: Chest 118cm - Arm 73cm - Height 170-176cm
XL: Chest 122cm - Arm 75.4cm - Height 175-181cm+
Maria is 175cm (5ft 9”) tall, has a very slight build, and is wearing a size M. When considering what size to choose, be aware that the ‘Height’ measurements are only a rough guide. For example, if you’re particularly slim, it may well be possible to choose one size smaller. If you have any questions about sizing, please don’t hesitate to get in touch!
Cleaning & Care
Washing & preservation of water resistance
This product may be dry cleaned or washed on a 30C short-spin cycle.
To preserve its water resistance, we would highly recommend that you wash this product using a combination of Nikwax® Tech Wash and Nikwax® TX Direct Wash-In (or similar waterproofing agents), which are available from many outdoor apparel retailers and online.
Dry this product on a clothes rack or clothes hanger.
What not to do
Do not iron or tumble dry this product because it will damage the insulation.
Origin of component materials
- Japan - Polyamide & polyester (Pertex® Quantum Pro 3K water resistant outer shell (DWR C6))
- Poland - 100% recycled polyester (Climashield® Apex + HL insulation)
- China - 100% recycled nylon (inner lining), YKK® zips, Velcro®, zip pullers, fold-over elastic & elastic cord with MGG logo
- Italy - Pocket bag fabric, neck fleece fabric & hood lining fabric
- Hong Kong - MGG logo, care info transfer, hanging loop & headphones wire eyelet
- Austria - MGG hood logo transfer & OPOC logo transfer
- Latvia - Eyelets
- Spain - Additional elastic fabric
- Czech Republic - Additional non-woven fabric
Turkey - Woven MGG label
Location of manufacturer
Percentage price breakdown for our Kenai Crossover Jacket 2.0:
- Materials - 16%
- Design & Marketing - 19%
- Manufacturing - 11%
- Logistics - 5%
- Rent & Operations - 12%
- Taxes - 20%
- Admin & Profit - 17%
We’ve worked with Product DNA to determine that the total carbon footprint of a single Kenai Crossover Jacket 2.0 (incl. standard delivery) is 20.92kg of CO2, which in monetary terms is €0.21.
We’ve also partnered with Forestmatic to plant a new tree in the tropics in Uganda with every single online and offline order, so as to ensure that every purchase that you make will always be 100% carbon neutral.
At the end of every year we’ll display the monetary total of our carbon offset contribution for the previous 12 months, so please keep an eye out for this.
Our carbon offset calculations are based on the assumption that every tree that we plant will live for 5 years and absorb 63.3kg of CO2 during that period. In reality, we of course expect our trees to live much longer than this. Therefore, in the long term, our business operations and every purchase that you make won’t just be carbon neutral - they’ll become carbon positive!
MAXIMUM WATER RESISTANCE & BREATHABILITY
Pertex® Quantum Pro - 3,000mm
Climashield® Apex + HL - 200g/m2 + 136g/m2 + 102g/m2
100% RECYCLED INSULATION & LINING
Made from 61% recycled materials (by weight)
YKK® AQUAGUARD® ZIPS
Original & best
FULLY TAPED SEAMS
QUALITY, NOT QUANTITY
Each Mont Gele Gear® product has been created with the very highest attention to detail and an absolute focus on quality. No corners are cut in our premium gear and accessories, and we manufacture in far smaller quantities than our competitors, which ensures that we’re able to minimise waste.
Unmatched in the outdoor apparel industry, our unique transparent pricing promise across our entire product range also ensures that you will always pay a fair price.
PREMIUM MATERIALS & COMPONENTS
All our products are crafted from the finest materials and components currently available and produced to the highest ethical standards. The latest DWR C6 and non-PFOA fabrics form the basis of our outerwear, and both the insulation and lining in all our men's and women's jackets are from 100% recycled sources.
Our Merino Wool is also mulesing-free certified, and the dyes used in our Merino Wool and cotton products are all Oeko-Tex® Standard 100 certified.
For the 2021/22 season, we’ve again worked closely with exclusively European manufacturers based in the Czech Republic, Portugal, Slovakia and Turkey to produce our entire product range.
We promise that we will always keep our manufacturing within Europe, because this allows us to ensure the premium quality of our products, to work in close cooperation with our suppliers, to guarantee that our suppliers’ employees enjoy fair working conditions, and to monitor our suppliers’ environmental impact.
We’re constantly exploring new ways to minimise the impact of our business operations on the environment.
In addition to our continued sustainability efforts, we’re working with Forestmatic to plant a new tree in the tropics in Uganda with every single online and offline order, so as to fully offset the carbon footprint of every product that we sell. This exciting partnership ensures that every purchase that you make will always be 100% carbon neutral.