Privacy & Cookies Policy
OUR COMMITMENT TO YOUR PRIVACY
Mont Gele Gear® (“MGG”) is committed to safeguarding your privacy and complying with all applicable data protection and privacy laws. We will only use your data in a safe and responsible way. This Privacy & Cookies Policy (the “Policy”) is provided to help you understand what kind of information we collect from you in respect of our products and services, and how we process and use such information. In this Policy, the term “personal data” means information relating to an identified or identifiable individual (otherwise known as a ‘natural person’).
Mont Gele Gear is the trading name of Mont Gele Gear S.à.r.l. (also referred to as “we”, “us”, or “our”).
You acknowledge and agree that any of your personal data which we collect may be used in accordance with this Policy, by and for MGG. For the avoidance of doubt, MGG will be the ‘data controller’ in respect of such data.
By visiting www.montgelegear.com, you accept that your data will be used in the various ways set out in this Policy.
COMPLIANCE WITH DATA PROTECTION LAWS
All personal data belonging to MGG website users and customers is processed in accordance with all applicable data protection laws and regulations. For example, this will be the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) for customers based in EU countries, the Swiss Federal Data Protection Act and Data Protection Ordinance for customers based in Switzerland, etc. This means that we will only ever process your data if there is a lawful basis for doing so.
We will only use your data when we have your explicit consent to do so. You can withdraw your consent at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org or at the postal address at the bottom of this Policy.
DATA THAT WE COLLECT FROM YOU
We may collect certain data from you which could include:
- your email address and any other personal data that you provide us with if you choose to open an account with us;
- your email address and subscription preferences if you sign up to our marketing emails and email newsletter;
- how you use our emails – for example, whether you open them and which links you click on within them;
- questions, queries or feedback you leave, including your email address, if you contact our customer support team; and
- analytics data concerning your device (e.g. laptop, smartphone, tablet, etc.) when you visit our website (accessible at either of www.montgelegear.com or www.montgele.com). This will include analytics data concerning the specific web browser that you are using, your Internet Protocol (IP) address, your time zone, and some of the cookies that are installed on your device. We use Google Analytics and similar online services to collect such analytics data, and may employ ‘cookies’ (see below for more details), ‘pixels’, ‘tags’ or ‘web beacons’ (all of which are small data files that are placed on your device or computer to improve your web browsing experience) and ‘log files’ (which track actions occurring on our website and collect data including your IP address, browser type, Internet service provider (ISP), referral and exit pages, date and time stamps, etc.).
- We do not (and will never) share any personally identifiable information about you in our cookies, and cookies cannot be used to harm your computer.
- If you wish to restrict or block cookies, then you can do so through your browser settings. Please note that restricting cookies may affect the way in which some content can be viewed on our website. For more information about cookies and how to disable or delete them, please visit: www.whatarecookies.com.
WHY WE NEED YOUR DATA
We collect your personal data in order to:
- enable us to provide you with the relevant products or services that you purchase or request from us;
- provide you with up-to-date information (including marketing) relating to our products and services;
- ensure that our website is meeting the needs of its users and to help us make improvements to our website;
- assist us with gathering feedback to improve our products and services;
- help us to respond to any request or feedback you send us; and
- allow us to monitor use of our website to identify security threats.
OUR LEGAL BASES FOR PROCESSING YOUR DATA
- The legal basis for processing personal data in relation to our website’s security is our legitimate interests, and the legitimate interests of our users, in ensuring the security and integrity of our website.
- The legal basis for processing anonymised data for Google Analytics and similar services that we may use is your consent.
- The legal basis for processing all other personal data that we may use is your consent.
MARKETING & NEWSLETTER EMAILS
We will only send you marketing updates and newsletters via email if you have explicitly agreed to receive such emails. We will send you marketing updates and newsletters to keep you updated on ongoing MGG developments, information relating to new MGG products and promotions, etc. You can update your preferences at any time by clicking on the link at the bottom of every email that we send you. Once unsubscribed, your email address will usually be removed immediately from our marketing database and, henceforth, you will no longer receive marketing updates from us. Nevertheless, please allow up to 48 hours for any changes to be implemented.
We may ‘retarget’ you across the internet with specific advertisements for MGG products and releases, so as to keep you aware of what we are up to and to enable you to discover our latest products (those are the advertisements which seem to follow you around once you leave a website!).
This may, for example, be because you visited our website, followed us on social media, or because you match our current demographic. We use a variety of technologies for this such as cookies, pixels, tags and mobile identifiers, among others.
For more information about how to opt out of targeted advertising, please visit: www.networkadvertising.org/understanding-online-advertising/what-are-my-options.
We will only share your personal data with third parties if this is strictly necessary. For example, this may include when processing your order for a product or service that you have purchased from us, providing you with a refund, etc.
We may share your data with the following categories of companies to be able to provide our products or services to you:
- companies that assist us in processing, dispatching and delivering your order, processing returns, and processing refunds (our distributors, payment service providers, delivery companies, etc.);
- companies that assist us in providing our services to you (our website hosting provider, content management system provider and customer relationship and support system provider, applications and tools that help our team work more efficiently, applications and tools that help us to analyse our customers’ activities on our website (including their buying behaviour), etc.); and
- companies that enable us to serve advertisements to you.
Any other information about our customers that we share will always be anonymised and we will make sure that it cannot be used to identify you.
We promise you that we will never sell or rent any of your personal data to any third party.
We will, however, share your personal data if we are required to do so by law – for example, by court order, or to prevent fraud or any other crime.
HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION DURING THE ORDER AND RETURNS PROCESS
When you make a purchase or attempt to make a purchase on our website, we will collect certain information from you, including your name, billing address, shipping address, payment information, email address, and phone number. We do not share this information with third parties except to the extent necessary to complete your order. Please rest assured that we cannot (and will never) be able to view or have access to your payment details.
If you would like to open an online account with us, you can do so on our website or during the checkout process. Any personal data that you submit for this purpose will not be used for this purpose unless you explicitly give us permission to do so, and you may checkout as a ‘Guest’ in order to avoid having to open an account with us.
If you would like to receive our newsletters, you can subscribe on our website or during the checkout process. Any personal data that you submit on our website will not be used for this purpose unless you explicitly give us permission to do so.
HOW LONG WE KEEP YOUR DATA
We regularly review the data that we hold and delete anything which we no longer require. We will only retain your personal data for as long as it is needed for the purposes set out in this document, and for as long as the law requires us to. If you contact our customer support team, we will keep your data for as long as is necessary to assist you with your query and for statistical and/or analytical purposes. These purposes may include reviewing data on orders, returns, refunds, etc. We will keep your email data until you unsubscribe. We will keep your feedback data for two years. We will delete access log data after 30 days.
WHERE YOUR DATA IS PROCESSED AND STORED
Unless otherwise stated, all data is stored in either Switzerland or the European Economic Area (EEA). Data processed by Amazon Web Services®, Apple Pay®, Craft CMS®, Google Analytics®, Google Pay®, Klaviyo®, Odoo®, PayPal®, Stripe®, and any other similar suppliers that we use who are based in the US or elsewhere, may be transferred outside Switzerland or the EEA for processing.
You have the right, free of charge, to receive information about the data that we hold on you and how we process such data. We are also obliged, at your request, to replenish, rectify, anonymise or delete, any incomplete, incorrect, unnecessary or outdated personal data which we hold on you. You can exercise your rights and access your data by emailing us at email@example.com.
You may object to the processing of your personal data and withdraw consent for us to process your data at any time. However, this will not affect the lawfulness of any data processing carried out on the basis of your consent in the period before such consent was withdrawn.
You also have the right to stop receiving emails from us, which you can opt out of – to do so, please click on ‘Unsubscribe’, which is included as a link in the footer of every email that we send you. However, please note that if you do opt out of our marketing emails, we will continue to send you emails relating to any orders (e.g. order confirmations, order tracking information, etc.).
OUR COMMITMENT TO DATA SECURITY
We are committed to doing all that we can to keep your data secure. To prevent unauthorised access, maintain data accuracy, and ensure the correct use of information, we implement appropriate technical and organisational security measures to prevent and minimise risks associated with providing and processing personal data.
Such security measures will include, where appropriate, the use of secure server facilities, firewalls, encryption, access rights management systems and processes, careful selection of data processors, sufficient training of MGG personnel involved in any processing, and all other necessary measures to provide appropriate security and protection for your personal data against unauthorised use or disclosure. We may also make backup copies and use other similar means to prevent accidental damage to, or destruction of, your personal data.
In the event that you consider MGG’s processing activities in respect of your personal data to be inconsistent with the applicable data protection laws and regulations, or that MGG has not sufficiently ensured the realisation of your rights, you may lodge a complaint with your local supervisory authority responsible for data protection matters.
We, MGG, are the data controller responsible for the purposes of the applicable data protection laws and regulations, and you can contact us at the following postal and email address:
Mont Gele Gear S.à.r.l., Rue du Lignolat 55, 1170 Aubonne, Switzerland
We reserve the right to make changes to this Policy in accordance with changes to applicable data protection laws and regulations. If we make significant changes, we will communicate such changes through our website or via email, so that you are able to review such changes.